JR Jensen is a Superior, Wisconsin based construction company providing industrial and commercial services emphasizing safety, quality, and productivity. Founded in 1920, JR Jensen has spent over 100 years building relationships with new and longtime clients in the Industrial, Energy, and Commercial markets. The company is growing and currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee work within the Industrial sector including Energy (oil/gas & power/renewables) and Transportation (railroad & infrastructure).
Jensen brings decades of experience to construction projects whether ordinary or unique and complex. We take great pride in our people and their expertise in planning, development, value engineering and construction execution. Candidates to join our team should have experience in a similar role and demonstrate a commitment and ability to serving our clients with practical expertise, teamwork, and excellent communication skills.
INDUSTRIAL PROJECT MANAGER
The primary role of the Industrial Project Manager will plan and lead key projects within the Industrial sectors or multiple projects from inception through completion, providing day-to-day management and oversight of project resources, tasks, issues, timelines, cost and scope. This is a career opportunity offering a specific starting role leading a multi-year / multi-project contract, for a major industrial client with facilities throughout the US.
- Fostering and building team relationships with owners, design partners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Facilitate proposals including the estimating process and conduct presentations
- Provide guidance on constructability, scheduling, and staffing
- Develop key parameters for projects to stay within scope and budget while ensuring safe work execution
- Willingness to travel to various jobsite locations as directed by the client’s needs. Travel is required for this position
- Understand and analyze or utilize available technologies to maximize efficiencies in both management tasks and field execution tasks
- Understand and communicate scope changes; performing quantity take-offs, pricing, and tracking all project revisions
- Ensure project files and documentation is maintained for all assigned projects
- 5+ years of Industrial experience in the sector(s) we are hiring for
- Must be familiar with a self-perform project environment and working in a unionized labor setting
- Demonstrated experience building strong, trusting relationships with project partners including owners, inspectors, design firms, and subcontractors
- A strong understanding of risk assessment policies and procedures
- Must be familiar with various contract structures such as lump sum, and cost of the work plus fee
- Understanding of all facets of project accounting; estimates to budgets, job costs, managing variances, change orders, and billings.
- Display high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Proven collaboration and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Self-starter, motivated with minimal supervision
- On the job field experience
- Capable of developing a critical path project schedule that shows a logical critical path, float, and durations with properly identified predecessors and successors in an organized work breakdown structure
- Strong computer skills and experience, including AutoDesk (PlanGrid), Oracle P6, Revu (BlueBeam), Acrobat, and Microsoft Office applications
- Four-year degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related degree
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Retirement 401(k)
- Paid Vacation/PTO and Holidays
- Paid Time for Attending Charitable Events
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at: